With the demise of 20th Century Fox, I decided I wanted to do a blogathon focused on one of the studio's brightest stars. I decided to choose Jeanne Crain. She would have been turning 94 on May 25th and I also have been watching State Fair a lot lately. Plus, I am only part of one blogathon in May, so I decided to host my second one! I am actually writing about a film of hers for the William Holden blogathon in April and I thought she deserved a little love too.
The rules are as follows.
1. I am allowing one duplicate of each film. She has a pretty nice filmography and there's lots of films to choose from. I don't feel like we will have any duplicates anyway.
2. You can sign up by leaving a comment here or contacting me on twitter @gloriadehavens. Send me your blog name and a link to your blog as well.
3. Any topic about Jeanne is up for grabs. Just be respectful!
4. Once your topic gets approved please grab one of the banners below.
5. And finally, have fun! If you have never seen any of her films, now is a good time to start.
*Movies not available to write about anymore: People Will Talk and Pinky*
Overture Books and Film - State Fair (1945)
Pale Writer - People Will Talk (1951)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict - Apartment for Peggy (1948)
Poppity Talks Classic Film - The Onscreen Pairing of Jeanne Crain and Dana Andrews
The Pink Palace - Pinky (1949)
Reina M. Williams - The Model and The Marriage Broker (1951)
Deepest Dreams - People Will Talk (1951)
The Stop Button - Vicki (1953)
The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood - Pinky (1949) and Dangerous Crossing (1953)
Pop Culture Reverie - Take Care of My Little Girl (1951)
Realweegiemidget Reviews - Skyjacked (1972)
Critica Retro - Jeanne's lifelong hobby of painting